When your child reaches three years old they will continue working towards the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ framework within our pre-school room. Our pre-school room is led by qualified practitioners in Early Years. Children learn individually and with others through play. We offer our children a play-based curriculum, which meets all the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage and supports all aspects of their learning and development.
It supports their inbuilt curiosity and desire to make sense of the world around them and helps them to discover that learning is interesting and fun. This is vitally important if children are going to remain keen learners for the rest of their lives.
Play in a secure homely environment with high adult/child ratios allows the children to explore, investigate and enjoy the learning experience. We help them to practice and develop their ideas, concepts and skills in a unique and non-threatening way, without fear of failure.
We deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage Principles in many ways, through:
- Construction and small world play
- Heuristic play – independent exploration and investigation of real and natural resources and materials.
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Role play and imaginative opportunities
- Water, sand and malleable experiences
- Stories and mark making - the marks that children make through a range of media
- Creative play
- Outdoor opportunities exploring and investigating science and nature
- Dance, music and sensory experiences